A woman’s body goes through incredible physical and hormonal changes before and after delivery. Even regular tasks such as sitting, walking, standing and working can be difficult when pregnant. Almost all women experience musculoskeletal discomfort during pregnancy, and as many as 25% of all pregnant women experience temporarily disabling ones. This is due to the tremendous changes undergone by the body during any healthy pregnancy.
At Swapna Healthcare‘s physiotherapy clinic, techniques can be learned to help relieve the following conditions:
- Lower back pain caused by a shift in the mother’s center of gravity as the baby grows
- Neck pain and headaches due to changes in posture
- Tightness and pain in the hamstrings and heel cords caused by a flattening of the feet
- Arm pain or tingling caused by nerve compression associated with an increased chest diameter
- Bladder leakage during pregnancy and after delivery due to strained pelvic muscles
- Stretching of the abdominal walls leading to back pain and difficult delivery due to ineffective abdominal contractions
- Women in middle age and postmenopausal need regular exercising to prevent their muscles and bones becoming weaker.
- Many women experience leaking of urine while coughing or laughing. They teach pelvic floor or Kegel’s exercise to improve tone. All ailments related to neck, back, shoulder, legs, muscles, and joints can be treated in and out of a state of the physiotherapy clinic.